The University of Kansas
Department of American Studies
Bailey Hall, Rm 213
American Studies Department
1440 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 213
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594
- Sherri Tucker, KU Professor and author of “Dance Floor Democracy: The Social Geography of Memory at the Hollywood Canteen,” presents at 6 p.m. tonight at the American Jazz Museum (1616 E 18th St., Kansas City, MO 64108), where she will also display some of the photographs she’s uncovered in her research, play a few of the audio recordings from of her interviews with Canteen patrons, and finish with a Q&A session. More.
- KU Special Education Department: With Ray Pence
- Seizing Freedom: With David Roediger and Peter St. Clair
- Tribute Or Tribulation? How do we commemorate history? What is the best way to remember a conflicted and painful past? And who gets to decide? Listen here »
- CLAS names 1st associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion (KU News link)
- Congratulations to Ph.D. student Marilyn Ortega for being selected as one of the inaugural National Humanities Without Walls Predoctoral Fellows for 2017.
- Ben Schmack won the Best Ph.D. Paper Award at the 2016 Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Conference. Congratulations, Ben!
- Congratulations to Kathryn Vaggalis who received the Center for Migration Research Graduate Student Grant.
- Ph.D. student Gamze Kati was one of the winners of the second annual IEHS graduate student blog competition this year. Congratulations, Gamze!
Schedule of Lectures
Disability Studies Seminar presents Subini Annamma
"Disrupting the Carceral State through the Socio-spatial Dialectic: Exploring the Trajectories of Incarcerated Young Women of Color with Disabilities"
Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Hall Center for the Humanities, Seminar Room 1
Event Flyer (PDF)
—U.S. News & World Report