- Congratulations to Christopher Perreira for receiving the National Academies Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship at the UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center for 2017-2018.
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Esch for her promotion to Associate Professor.
- Congratulations to Ph.D. student William Adams for receiving the Black Metropolis Research Consortium (BMRC) Summer Short-term Fellowship.
- How a motion-tracking musical software is breaking down barriers for people with disabilities: click here to read more about the Adaptive Use Musical Instrument (AUMI), a one-of-a-kind piece of inclusive technology that promotes musical improvisation. The article recognizes Sherrie Tucker, who started AUMI jam sessions and helped to bring the grant and symposium for it to Lawrence. Written by Omar Sanchez.
- View the 3/13 Lawrence 497 Board of Education Meeting here. Ruben Flores speaks from 28:00-38:00 and John Rury speaks from 54:00-59:00.
- Congratulations to Ph.D. candidate Hannah Bailey for being awarded the 2017 Graduate Studies Summer Scholarship.
- Ph.D. candidate, Rachel Schwaller, has been awarded the Hall Center's Sias Fellowship for Spring 2018. Congratulations, Rachel!
- KU Special Education Department: With Ray Pence
- Seizing Freedom: With David Roediger and Peter St. Clair
- Tribute Or Tribulation? How do we commemorate history? What is the best way to remember a conflicted and painful past? And who gets to decide? Listen here »
- CLAS names 1st associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion (KU News link)
- Congratulations to Ph.D. student Marilyn Ortega for being selected as one of the inaugural National Humanities Without Walls Predoctoral Fellows for 2017.
- Ben Schmack won the Best Ph.D. Paper Award at the 2016 Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Conference. Congratulations, Ben!
- Congratulations to Kathryn Vaggalis who received the Center for Migration Research Graduate Student Grant.
- Ph.D. student Gamze Kati was one of the winners of the second annual IEHS graduate student blog competition this year. Congratulations, Gamze!
A forum for interdisciplinary dialogue between renowned speakers, the university and the surrounding communities.
Schedule of Lectures
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times