- Dr. Gamze Kati Gumus defended her dissertation with honors on May 10, 2018. Congratulations, Dr. Kati Gumus!
- KU-AUMI InterArts was recently featured by the Commons in a video on improving inclusive communities at KU. You can watch the video, which features our own Sherrie Tucker amongst other founders of the movement at KU, and learn more about AUMI here!
- Congratulations to Professor Robert Warrior on being elected to a member of the prestigious American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- This article, written by Ph.D. candidate Hannah Bailey, was published in the latest edition of Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal. Congratulations, Hannah!
- We would like to recognize Patrick Sumner, 2005 alumni, for his work in this article about the defacement of the John Brown memorial in the Quindaro area of Kansas City, Kansas.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jonathan Burrow-Branine for successfully defending his dissertation with honors January 25, 2018.
- Please read this article about Professor Robert Warrior titled: Native scholar uncomfortably at home in American studies field.
- Congratulations to Daniel Carey-Whalen, an alumni that was recently promoted as UTEP's Centennial Museum director.
- Congratulations to Josh Parshall, an alumni who was recently featured in this article.
- Congratulations to Christopher Perreira for receiving the National Academies Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship at the UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center for 2017-2018.
- How a motion-tracking musical software is breaking down barriers for people with disabilities: click here to read more about the Adaptive Use Musical Instrument (AUMI), a one-of-a-kind piece of inclusive technology that promotes musical improvisation. The article recognizes Professor Sherrie Tucker, who started AUMI jam sessions and helped to bring the grant and symposium for it to Lawrence. Written by Omar Sanchez
- Ph.D. candidate, Rachel Schwaller, has been awarded the Hall Center's Sias Fellowship for Spring 2018. Congratulations, Rachel!
- KU Special Education Department: With Ray Pence
- Tribute Or Tribulation? How do we commemorate history? What is the best way to remember a conflicted and painful past? And who gets to decide? Listen here »
A forum for interdisciplinary dialogue between renowned speakers, the university and the surrounding communities.
Schedule of Lectures
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times